Sunday, November 22, 2009






Anecdote on the Comic Book Where Bold stars go to Die

I went to a Catholic HighSchool , Handfull of Priest Friend and some of Them

Are my God Father, and Still I did Bold Stars Comics. The Answer,

I am not Conservative and I Love Comics

Having to Do it was pure Pleasure to the Max .the Genre would not stop me from doing

An exciting and Challenging type. And for Someone Like Gerry Alanguilan

To trust me with creating my First Ever Comic book Project is Awsome.

I would Like to mention also, I have an Aunt Nun, My father’s Half Sister,

We call her Sister Pat. One day , She Paid us a visit ,She Heard that I was ill

By that time ,I had my Third Cycle of Chemotherapy.

She gave me advises on how to deal with it and Pray More.

The Afternoon went on until she Mentioned about Our Comics Project

She Heard it I guess from my Inay/mom. She wanted to see it . I had

A sudden Burst of Perspiration and couldn’t answer immediately Tongue tied,

I tried to answer But couldn’t Find the right words .

My sister and Brother Giggled.(laughs).

Good thing I already Submitted the Artwork to Mr. Komikero..so I told her that

But she insisted on me to tell her the Story .So ,with my fast thinking , I narrated

The Summary and Made it Strip to the Bone-clean Love Story Fantasy editedVersion.

( I can't narrate the story here , that’ll be in a way a spoiler.

Just get the Copy to Find out)(Laughs) After that I told her that the story

was really intended for Mature Readers. She said, oh,well she thought she

could Get a Copy and Have it as a teaching Material

something with Good Moral Lesson for her Students.

(it Has, read it)(Laughs)

I then said We have our next Project entitled Rodski Patotski ang Batang Baby ,

that is for all ages due for next year.

She’ll wait for it she said.

Thus the topic about Boldstars ended.

It was a Nerve Racking Experience , I know how conservative Nuns are.

3 comments:

Ilyn Florese-Alanguilan said...

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Ilyn

Danry Ocampo said...

Hi Sir Arlan,

nice story. kulit. I met you at komikon. hope you get well. goodjob with bold stars i had my copy signed by you so thanks a lot.

great art and blog.

Danry

Yulo Garcia said...

Sir Arlan, I want to hear the 'squeakyclean.editedsummary' version you narrated to your aunt! Ha-ha-ha. I don't know if it's just me but when I first saw your drawings in the book, it reminded me of how saints (e.g. St. Dominic Savio)weer portrayed in books. Is that the Catholic school influence rearing it's holy head? Anyway, I totally love the feel of it all. I'm excited with Rodski Patotski! Cheers!

Oh, I saw you at komikon as well. I wondered why the Professor X-meets-SARS scare look and only now does the 'using pillows as makeshift table' part make sense. God bless you and hope you recover fast.